Sunday, July 26, 2009

Unquenched

I'm currently sitting on my bed, as Vancity is hitting new highs for temperatures; my computer lies, it is MUCH higher than 22 degrees.

As time flies by, and I watch as the moon chases the sun, I realized that i get this weird feeling around this time each night.

The moisture in my mouth loses its fluidness as it becomes sticky under my tongue and at the back of my throat. You want to swallow, but no matter how hard you try the insufficient amount of saliva does nothing. You grab a glass of water; you need this adhesive-like material to disappear. As you guzzle back the quick, slick, arctic water the sensation of freedom comes only momentarily, as the gluey substance returns, you can't seem to find a way to satisfy this longing. No longer is this a battle to get rid of the feeling, but to experience freedom once again.

In most cases at this time I have urges to write. My feeling of "freedom" is when i stop pussyfooting around and actually start writing.

I am craving sleep right now; it isn't even that late. My conscience won't let me sleep willingly until this feeling of freedom has been achieved.

I'm not confined by my notepad nor computer; not chained to my pen or keyboard.
My subconscious is doing me one big favour. Sometimes you just need to "trust my [your] printers ink, to express the things i [you] think." (Hellogoodbye- Dear Jamie Lyrics) You always feel better knowing you are able to write or draw out whatever was on your mind because it releases tension and creative flow.

Who knows? maybe one day all those bits and pieces will complete your puzzle.

And if you need help drawing or luring those bits and pieces out... Or satisfying that "unquenched" feeling...

I'm back.

AND

I'm on Twitter/Myspace
www.twitter.com/anellafant
www.myspace.com/nellzyy



euughhww a spider.

No comments: